Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Women's Soccer Holiday Survey - Duke University - GoDuke.com

dogol.indah.link
DURHAM, N.C.— Duke standouts Julia Burnell, Julia Hannon, Natalie Maurer and Sarah Piper reflected on what they were most looking forward to this Christmas holiday, family traditions and much more.  Happy Holidays from the Blue Devil family to yours.

GoDuke:  Due to COVID-19, will you and your entire family be able to get together like normal or are you having to change things up this year?

Julia Burnell:  Due to COVID-19, Christmas is looking a little different this year. Usually both my mom and dad's side of the family comes over to our house on christmas day to exchange gifts and eat dinner together. My 88 year old grandmother lives with my family in an inlaw suite, and due to her being high risk we thought it would be a smart idea to just celebrate with just those in our household: my mom, dad, sister, and grandmother.
Natalie Maurer This year for Christmas we were always planning just me and my parents.
Julia Hannon This holiday season, we are hosting family gatherings outside in order to keep everyone safe from COVID and make sure we are social distancing!
Sarah Piper Yes, we will be getting together as normal but getting testing done before going home!

GD:  What are you most excited for this holiday season?
 
JB: 
I am the most excited for the virtual secret santa with my cousins.
NM:  I'm most excited for decorating the tree, listening to Christmas music, and playing board games with my parents.
JH:  I am most excited to spend time with my family members and make new memories since I have not seen most of them throughout the quarantine or the fall semester.
SP:  Getting to be home with my family and love on one another. With it being such an unprecedented year, I think being at home is one of the biggest blessings we have as a family.

GD: What are some of your family's holiday traditions?
 
JB: 
My favorite holiday tradition is making cookies with my family. Every year my mom, sister, grandmother, and I choose and make five different types of cookies. My favorite is usually the classic chocolate chip. On that same night, we all partake in constructing a gingerbread house.
NM:  We don't really have any holiday traditions except that when we were little on Christmas Eve our dad made us wait on our stairs so he could check if Santa brought us coal.
JH:  My family always reads "Twas the Night Before Christmas," where we each read a page and pass the book along until it is finished!
SP:   We eat turducken for Christmas dinner which is always a hit!

GD: Does your family decorate to get in the holiday spirit?
 
JB: 
My mom loves to decorate the house during the holidays, but due to COVID-19 and no one coming to our house we all decided it would be easier to only decorate our living room where the tree is.
NM:  My mom decorates inside the house and the whole family helps decorate the tree.
JH:  My family always decorates together the weekend after Thanksgiving. We all decorate the tree inside and my brother and dad set up the lights together outside!
SP:  Big time!! Christmas decorations everywhere in the Piper household haha! Puts a smile on my face every time I walk downstairs, or even just out of my room!

GD: What sort of food does your family enjoy over the holidays?
 
JB: 
Every year we have the same meal on Christmas and my grandmother cooks it. It consists of fiet mignon, twice baked potatoes, homemade escarole soup, homemade stuffed shells, and green beans.
NM: Normally we have Christmas with our grandparents and they make ham, cheesy potatoes, asparagus, rolls, jell-o, pies, etc.
JH:  We tend to enjoy family- style Italian meals.
SP:  A ton of home cooked meals and a big turducken on Christmas day!

GD: What is your favorite gift that you received as a child?
 
JB:
  My favorite gift I received as a child would have to be the gocart my sister and I received from Santa.
NM:  My favorite gift I've ever received on Christmas was my dog.
JH:  My favorite gift that I received as a child was my Lionel Messi jersey that my mom bought for me when we traveled to Barcelona. I wore it all of the time in elementary school.  
SP:  Hm, probably a camera! Something that's brought me an immense amount of joy in the past 4-5 years and truly a gift that keeps giving. Being able to take pictures and give them to people has been a pretty cool cycle I've been able to take part in!

GD: Do you listen to holiday music and if so what are some of your favorites?
 
JB: 
My favorite christmas song is Under the Mistletoe by Justin Bieber.
NM:  I love Christmas music! With my parents I normally listen to Sufjan Stevens, She and Him, and Harry Connick Jr. However, I love Taylor Swift's Christmas music and the old classics.
JH:   I always listen to Christmas music this time of year! My personal favorite is "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and "All I Want for Christmas is You."
SP:  Yes! We leave holiday music on throughout the whole day in our house from Alvin and the Chipmunks to big time classics from when my parents were kids! My favorite is definitely Christmas Save the Year by Twenty One Pilots though - describes 2020 so well and makes me smile every time!!
 
GD: What is your favorite holiday movie?
 
JB: 
My favorite christmas movie of all time is A Christmas Story. My dad and I watch it every year on christmas eve. I also watch Home Alone on Christmas day with my mom and sister.
NM:  My favorite holiday movie is Elf.
JH:  My favorite holiday movie is Elf starring Will Ferrell.
SP:  Hm, probably Alvin and the Chipmunks, haha!

#GoDuke

Print Friendly Version
The Link Lonk


December 25, 2020 at 08:27PM
https://ift.tt/3nTzPuE

Women's Soccer Holiday Survey - Duke University - GoDuke.com

https://ift.tt/2QoXNjh
Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hybrid Work Is Here To Stay. Now What? - Harvard Business Review

dogol.indah.link CURT NICKISCH: Welcome to the HBR IdeaCast from Harvard Business Review. I’m Curt Nickisch. To say the last year has ch...

Popular Posts