Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, January 29, 2021

The Work Diary of a Cinematic Chef - The New York Times

dogol.indah.link

6 p.m. Finish up at a reasonable hour tonight. Jess is meeting a friend for a freezing-cold outdoor dinner at Meadowsweet, and I fully intend to have a beer, shut my brain off and watch TV in my home theater.

8 p.m. Watched David Byrne’s “American Utopia”; unsurprisingly, it was awesome. Next is “History of Swear Words.” Nicolas Cage hams it up beautifully, but the editing is a little scattershot.

9:30 a.m. I overslept, I’m really sore, and I’m not gonna work out this morning. Jess’s eye hurts like crazy, and it sounds a lot like when I had a scratched cornea back in college. I head out to get her remedies and an eye patch. She’s excited for some light pirate cosplay, at least.

10:30 a.m. Three different episodes are due for sponsor review on Monday, so I have an absolutely monstrous amount of editing to do. But I also have near back-to-back conference calls until 3 p.m. I’m going to squeak out what I can between calls, but need to tend to my sweet Cyclops upstairs when able.

2 p.m. I crack my knuckles, update (video editing software) Premiere and dig in. Fun fact: I’m currently editing footage of the leftover fried rice I’m eating for lunch. Is that a fun fact? Well it’s fun to me. Thus completes the brown rice saga.

4:30 p.m. I receive and test out some new samples of my upcoming cookware line. It’s carbon steel pans, which I’m nervous about presenting as an alternative to nonstick, but once you put in a little practice, they become your lifelong friends.

8 p.m. After a nice uninterrupted chunk of productivity, all three episodes are assembled, have music laid in, and some voice-over is recorded. I really wanted to have them finalized before the weekend, but there’s a solid eight-plus hours of voice-over work left to do. I’m going to take a dinner break with my swashbuckling significant other, then see if I’ve still got juice to keep going.

9 p.m. Nope! I’m full of Thai takeout, had two mojitos, my voice is shot from all the conference calls, and it’s Friday. It’s time to do what young lovers do: watch a pulpy murder drama. We settle on “The Undoing,” cuddle up under our weighted comforter (yes, of course we have one, we’re stressy Brooklynite millennials) and watch Nicole Kidman continue her long career of crushing it. Before we pass out, I realize that “WandaVision” just premiered, and I slap myself awake so I can pay attention. I’m glad I do, because Wanda describes an overtly 1950s four-course meal, which I’m excited to add to the “Binging” idea list!

The Link Lonk


January 29, 2021 at 10:00PM
https://ift.tt/2YrK4eE

The Work Diary of a Cinematic Chef - The New York Times

https://ift.tt/2VuKK1x
Work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hybrid Work Is Here To Stay. Now What? - Harvard Business Review

dogol.indah.link CURT NICKISCH: Welcome to the HBR IdeaCast from Harvard Business Review. I’m Curt Nickisch. To say the last year has ch...

Popular Posts