Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, February 22, 2021

Back to work already - Steelers.com - Steelers.com

dogol.indah.link

The Steelers recently hired Grady Brown as the team's secondary coach, who will work with senior defensive assistant/secondary coach Teryl Austin, and Nelson is hoping it will result in the top ranking they are searching for.

"From what I have heard, he has a good resume," said Nelson of Brown. "He reached out to the defensive back group and introduced himself, said it's an honor to work with us as a whole. We welcomed him and will be glad to work with him. Hopefully that will help us to improve to get to No. 1 in the NFL."

It's not going to be an easy task, though, especially in the AFC North where they have to face a trio of former Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks twice a year in Baltimore's Lamar Jackson, Cincinnati's Joe Burrow and Cleveland's Baker Mayfield.

"They are a big challenge," said Nelson. "They all do things exceptionally well in their own right. You always have to be on your 'A' game when you play those guys. That will play a major role in how we minimize their abilities."

One thing Nelson isn't doing is wasting time preparing for the challenges 2021 will bring. He is back in Arizona where he jumped right into his offseason regime.

"I started my training back, started my diet back," said Nelson. "I am running like a well-oiled machine. I am preparing myself to be the best version of me. I am going into the last year of my contract. Not knowing what to expect, but hopefully I can be around for a long time. You hear Pittsburgh Steelers and it screams football. The city, everybody is about the football team in Pittsburgh. You feel that when you are walking around town. When everybody is about the team, that feels pretty good. There are so many great things I could say. I am just going to approach this year like I do any other year, work hard and see what happens."

And speaking of seeing what happens, that is something that he is waiting on for the NFL offseason. After going all virtual last offseason for OTAs and minicamp, Nelson said he isn't sure what to expect as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.

"Everyone in our group is professional. Either way we will be able to get the job done," said Nelson. "Just being there in person helps a lot because a lot of guys like to actually see things. They like to be there rather than virtual. They work better in person.

"At this point in my career I am in the middle. I am a guy who likes to be hands on, be there, see things. But at this point I understand things, how they are supposed to work, so I can work virtual as well. And given the fact that we get to spend time with our families, it's a give and take for me. I don't mind it. Either way I will get the job done."

Just like the NFL did in 2020. Nelson said he is beyond impressed in how the league handled the pandemic and he still can't believe the season went on as planned.

"It's still disbelief," said Nelson. "I just can't believe that we made it through with everything going on. COVID hit pretty hard in March last year. Going through the whole summer, leading up to camp, you didn't know if the season was even going to begin. And then we made it the whole way through, all the way through to the Super Bowl. It shows what type of men are inside the NFL and how capable we are of getting things done."

There was one big thing, though, that he missed.

One of his biggest hopes for 2021 is the pandemic has reached the point where it's safe to have fans back in stadiums.

"For me personally, I am a guy who feeds off that energy," said Nelson. "I am an energy guy. First couple of games it was rough for me trying to adapt. This is game day in the NFL. As a kid you go to the games, you hear the crowd. Now this is what you live for. Going out there in a quiet stadium takes the fun out of it. Hopefully we get back to some aspect of having fans next season."

The Link Lonk


February 23, 2021 at 12:37AM
https://ift.tt/3bA6z7s

Back to work already - Steelers.com - Steelers.com

https://ift.tt/2VuKK1x
Work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hybrid Work Is Here To Stay. Now What? - Harvard Business Review

dogol.indah.link CURT NICKISCH: Welcome to the HBR IdeaCast from Harvard Business Review. I’m Curt Nickisch. To say the last year has ch...

Popular Posts