Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Bengals Spend Draft Friday In Trenches And More Work Looms With Seven Saturday Picks - Bengals.com

dogol.indah.link

"I love working. Working hard is my M.O. If I was perfect in everything I did, I'm pretty sure I'd be bored because there's nothing to look forward to and get better at. There's nothing to work at. So, I can't wait to get to Cincinnati. I can't wait to get developed with these coaches and just to put in work."

CBS and The Sporting News both gave the Bengals an 'A,' for the Ossai selection since they see what the Bengals see. He's ascending. Value pick, they say. Defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo needed an edge to back up Trey Hendrickson and Sam Hubbard on a team that had the fewest sacks in the league and even though Ossai has jumped around with different positions, it doesn't sound like they're going to ease him into that role as the first rusher off the bench.

The 6-4, 256-pound Ossai is here for his intangibles as much as he is his for his measurables.

"Just how he plays the game. His physicality, his effort," Anarumo said. "You can see his explosive first step off the ball. His length shows up as well. Any great pass rusher has good length, so we're excited about those elements he brings."

This is why they like. Ask him where he got that motor.

"The motor came from freshman year of high school. There was a pass that went out to a tight end and I didn't chase the ball," Ossai said. "The coach pulled me off and said, 'You have to chase that ball, because there's that slim chance that it might happen.' So, even the next play or another play before, the same play happened. I ran, I punched the ball out and ever since then.

"It was like euphoria when that happened. So, ever since then, I have to get to that ball. It's like Road Runner. Who does he chase? The cartoon — when he's chasing that bird. That's how I feel when I'm chasing that ball. So, maybe that could be a nickname. Road Runner, something like that."

Better yet. Ask him why he went to Texas.

"Being a first-born son, I felt a need to lead my three younger brothers," said Ossai, whose family came to America when he was ten. "I wanted them to be around the game-day atmosphere. I wanted to surround them with college football so I could encourage and help them go through it on their own. That, and they had to be close.

"Everything else was really far from Houston. I would ask the staff at each school: I want to bring my family with me and get them to games, can you help? They said all they could help with was game-day tickets, and those stipends were not near enough. We eliminated far schools solely for that reason. Texas was a good fit. It was close to home; the game-day atmosphere was great."

Carman has a shot at starting this year. Maybe one day at right tackle, but not as a rookie with Riley Reiff signing a one-year deal. But offensive line coach Frank Pollack says he's in play at guard. Maybe right. Maybe left. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is never maybe about anything. Particularly Carman. He says he's ready now.

The Link Lonk


May 01, 2021 at 12:27PM
https://ift.tt/3e929XF

Bengals Spend Draft Friday In Trenches And More Work Looms With Seven Saturday Picks - Bengals.com

https://ift.tt/2VuKK1x
Work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hybrid Work Is Here To Stay. Now What? - Harvard Business Review

dogol.indah.link CURT NICKISCH: Welcome to the HBR IdeaCast from Harvard Business Review. I’m Curt Nickisch. To say the last year has ch...

Popular Posts